Port of Long Beach
Project Controls Support Services
This estimate covered the cost of improvements to Berths S102-S110, North and South Intermodal Rail Yards. Upgrading these rail yards was an important component of the Port's Pier S Marine Terminal Development Project, which developed a vacant 160-acre parcel into a new cargo terminal with rail access. Our staff provided cost estimating through detailed quantity take-offs and thorough pricing research. The estimates were put together with contractor mark-ups, escalation, and contingencies in place for precise accuracy in the project cost.
- Realignment and construction of lead track
- New crossings and modifications to existing grade crossing warning systems.
- Railroad signal system and modifications of an existing control point
- Train In Motion System (TIMS) and modifications
- Fine grading, fill and excavation for track road bed and yard pavement subgrade
- Yard track, with drainage and associated infrastructure
- Electrical distribution system and lighting
- Yard pavement and pavement for Pier S Lane