Jacobs (Formerly Carter & Burgess)
Project Controls Support Services
Design & construction of this extension to the Metro Gold Line commuter rail line. The Gold Line Eastside Extension was one of Metro's first design-build projects which extended the lower Gold LRT Line from Union Station to Atlantic Boulevard near Monterey Park, connecting Pasadena to Little Tokyo, Boyle Heights, and East Los Angeles without passengers having to transfer. Construction was completed in 2009.
- Six mile long rail line, mixed tunnel, at-grade, and elevated track.
- Total new stations - 8 total (2 underground)
- 1.8 miles of the route is made up of twin tunnels under Boyle Heights.
- Powered electrically with overhead catenary wires.
- Site improvements including utility, drainage, duct banks, fencing, pavement, station canopies, platforms, ramps and railings
- Traffic Control